For delegates on the full XML Summer School package, the 3-day or 2-day courses, we have included a number of social events in the evening so that people have time to relax and experience some of the delights Oxford has to offer. The social events provide the ideal platform for networking with your fellow delegates or extracting information from the speakers on a one-to-one basis. Many past delegates will tell you that the networking and learning experiences outside the lecture room are as valuable as the teaching inside. This year the events will include:
- Sunday 18th: A welcome reception in the historic Old Dining hall in the Front Quad at St Edmund Hall, starting at 7 pm
- Monday 19th: punting down the River Cherwell, followed by dinner at the college.
- Tuesday 20th: College dinner followed by a tour of some historic sites and a number of Oxford's historic public houses (a.k.a. a pub crawl).
- Wednesday 21st: College dinner followed by unconference sessions, where Faculty members and delegates have the chance to discuss up-to-the-minute issues, or continue discussions from the day's sessions.
- Thursday 22nd: Dress up for a formal candlelit dinner at 7 pm.